Erskine Morris (1913 – 1997)

Erskine Morris (1913 – 1997)

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Off to Little Rock - Arkansas Traveller

Hello readers,

I'm off to Little Rock, Arkansas tomorrow bright an early to present a paper on Gaspé fiddling to the annual conference of the Society for American Music. I'm excited to be sharing the music and memories that our Gaspesian friends have shared with me over the years.

I wanted to send a special thanks to Norma McDonald, Alfred Thompson, and Brian Morris who provided much of the material for my paper through their insights.

Both Alfred and Norma shared their memories of Johnny Drody with me. So for them I dedicate today's tune, perhaps appropriately, Johnny playing the Arkansas Traveller with Brigid on the guitar.

Arkansas Traveller - Johnny Drody

Glenn

3 comments:

  1. Glenn,
    Just wanted to drop a line and say that I follow your blog and really enjoy the fiddle tunes. Thanks so much for doing this, and enjoy your time in the states!
    Chris
    Waltham, MA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. Glad you are enjoying our site. I had a great time in Little Rock, the food (BBQ and the seafood) was especially a highlight. Did you know Gerry Robichaud in Waltham? Great musician. Just learned of his passing recently.

      Delete
  2. I didn't personally know Gerry, but know many people who did. He was a real legend.

    ReplyDelete